Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help moving emails out of Outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skypilotpete

skypilotpete

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:18 AM

For a long time now I have used Microsoft Outlook (Office Professional 2010) as my email program. My main email account is an IMAP account with my ISP. About a year ago, my ISP was taken over by a horrible, low cost - poor service ISP, and since then the quality of service has decreased rapidly. For a couple of months now, their email service has been virtually unusable. Logging on to webmail often doesn't work at all, and every time I try to access my email account in Outlook, I get the message "server not responding". I know this is not just me, as there are currently over 20 pages of complaints about exactly this same issue on Australia's main telecom-related support forum. The ISP's website has been saying off an on for the last few months in its "Internet advisories" section "Some customers may be experiencing intermittent time-outs and connectivity failures when accessing email. Engineers are currently investigating." However, nothing ever changes. 

So, I am trying to work out if there is any way to move all my emails into a Gmail account, using my backed up .PST file. I have been searching online for ways of transferring emails from Outlook to Gmail, but they all involve dragging the emails from my IMAP folders in Outlook into the Gmail folder. This won't work, as Outlook immediately becomes unresponsive when I try to do anything like this. I can't even archive any of my emails so that they become available offline.

Does anyone know of any software or method of exporting/importing emails out of a backed up Outlook IMAP .pst file into a Gmail account? Alternatively, is there a way of importing emails from an IMAP .pst file into an Outlook .Pop3 account? It needs to be some method that does not involve communicating with the IMAP web server, as any attempt to do this will just lock everything up.

Windows 7 64 Home.
Microsoft Office Professional 2010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:10 AM

Worth A Look

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic