Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi disables

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ImBackHerobrine

ImBackHerobrine

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hey!
So, when I attempt to use my computer, sometimes internet seems to just not work.
When I check properties, it states Media Disabled.
When I check the adapters, it states that Wifi is disabled. Enabling it does not work.
I've temporarily fixed it in the past with netsh ipv4 reset and ipv6 but each time it's been temporary.
I've tried resetting internet, temporarily fixed.
I tried using troubleshooter (even update troubleshooter), never helped.
Any way I can try to fix this?

When I check as well, my internet in my house works fine when this happens, it's only on my computer.

Edited by ImBackHerobrine, 05 October 2017 - 03:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stavros3000

stavros3000

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your network adapter?  Do you get the same issue if you use a network cable?

#3 ImBackHerobrine

ImBackHerobrine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:54 PM

Hi,

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your network adapter?  Do you get the same issue if you use a network cable?

I have attempted reinstalling in the past, and I don't believe a network cable would work although I do not own one.
This isn't causing any problems with my actual internet, it's a problem with Windows 10.
I'm trying to write my paper now and it just disconnects on me.
I check the adapter list, it states Wifi is disabled.
I try to enable it, it won't let me.

#4 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

Hi, we need more information, go to search and type:- command prompt, right click on the returned command prompt and select "run as administrator" an elevated cmd prompt will open. Copy all the cmd text below, and right click anywhere in the cmd prompt window and select paste:-

echo > 0 & Netsh WLAN show drivers >> 0 & Netsh WLAN show wirelesscapabilities >> 0 & Netsh WLAN show interfaces >> 0 & net start >> 0 & echo  >> 0 & notepad 0

Press enter, notepad will open with data please copy paste this in your reply

NOTE:- this is used internally by our organisation so the data is safe (for us), you might want to remove from the list headed "There is 1 interface on the System"

Data against:- 

PHYSICAL ADDRESS.....xxxx

SSID....xxxx

BSSID....xxxx

PROFILE....xxxx  (just for your own protection, we don't need it anyway, all the rest is perfectly safe).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users