Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots of freezing and hanging on Pc

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jstblush

jstblush

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi!

My name is Sherry and I have been having tons of freezing and not responding on my desktop pc. Now, everytime I open my browser (IE 11), a second window opens at the same time with 'MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook' etc in the address bar. I can't even see the rest after the word Outlook in the address. I have has MSN as my homepage. But even after changing it to something else there are still 2 windows that open at the same time with the second being as I wrote above.

I am using Windows 7 and IE 11. Any help would be much appreciated because it's getting next to impossible to be online and do anything.

Sherry

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:33 PM

No replies?

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Even if your computer isn't blue screening, please still do the above.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#4 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:05 PM

bwv848,

Thank you so much! Sorry for the lack of info. I ran the EXE file, but can't find the zipped info. I have the folder with all the info in it but can't find a zip file. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Sherry

#5 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

Sherry,

The zipped folder should be located in the same directory where the "folder with all the info" is, i.e., your Documents folder (%userprofile%\documents). It should be called "SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip." If you still can't find it, just zip up the folder manually and attach it in your next reply.

Regards,

bwv848

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#6 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Now I feel like a real idiot! I can't seem to find the icon to attach the files! Really, I'm not this stupid. I don't know what the heck is going on. Where do I click to attach the files?
Sherry

#7 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

To attach a file, please click Reply to this topic on the top right-side of the page. Next, on the bottom, under Attach Files, click Browse..., then click Open, and finally Attach This File. To finalize and post your post, click Add Reply.

Regards,

bwv848

#8 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

Thank you. I don't know what's going on here. One minute I can type in the message box, the next minute I can't. Anyhow here is the first set of files you asked for. Hope this works!

I'm also trying to get the Piriform Speccy link to post and also having trouble getting it to post.

Sherry

Attached Files

#9 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/rMHHRrBJdJnos0twPdaj1ZS

Here is some more info if it comes through. Hope it does and hope it's helpful.

Thanks again,

Sherry

Guess it didn't work. I can't get the link to post. Don't know why the clipboard won't paste the link or any other info into this post?

Edited by jstblush, 06 October 2017 - 10:30 PM.

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Hi, Sherry,

The latest BSOD dump files (0x116s) all flag your AMD graphics driver. Hence, I not only suspect your graphics driver to be responsible for the BSODs, but also for the random freezes/hangs/lockups.

Reinstall your graphics driver - download link and instructions are here: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=63YKG&fileId=2898608008&osCode=W764&productCode=xps-8300&languageCode=en&categoryId=VI

See whether if the system behaves better. BTW — I notice your graphics card is running quite hot. Was you system under load when you ran Speccy? I suggest you clean out ALL the dust in your case with compressed air — dust is the number one cause of overheating in OEM systems.

Good luck!

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. If you still run into problems after the graphics driver reinstall, start by running these initial hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

#11 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Hi,

Well installing the driver seems to have helped somewhat. Thank you.

But I am still getting the 'msn.com is not responding' message and then it asks me if I want to recover the webpage or search for a solution. I have hit recover and it, of course, never finds a solution and freezes. I'm thinking that the problem is mostly with the MSN website. But will surf around and see what happens.

And I will get some compressed air and clean out the case. I'm sure it's filthy in there.

I'm not really sure what you mean by asking if my system was under a load when I ran Speccy.

Is there a reason I can't copy and paste in the reply box on this site? I must have some setting preventing me from copy and paste because I can do it everywhere else.

Thank you for helping me!

Sherry

#12 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

One more thing. In the NetSHLAN1 file that I sent it shows under 'SHOW NETWORK MODE -  BSSID' that 6 networks are visible. Does that mean that all those other people are using my internet connection? It doesn't mean they have access to my pc, does it?

Thank you!

Sherry

#13 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Hi, Sherry,

One more thing. In the NetSHLAN1 file that I sent it shows under 'SHOW NETWORK MODE -  BSSID' that 6 networks are visible. Does that mean that all those other people are using my internet connection? It doesn't mean they have access to my pc, does it?

Truth to tell, I don't know much about networking, so I may not be able to answer this question the best. Furthermore, I hardly look at the NetSHLAN1 file actually. Are you connected to a private or public network?

Regarding the IE issue, can you start IE with no addons? To do so, open the Start Menu, and type in iexplore -extoff and hit enter. See whether the issue persists.

Edited by bwv848, 11 October 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#14 jstblush

jstblush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

When I typed it in, it said IE is running without addons. I disabled them earlier trying to fix this MSN not responding and freezing everything up problem. When I search the web, it shows TONS of problems with MSN not responding complaints. Have tried several of the solutions and so far they've been a no go.

Also, I think I am connected to a private network. I'll have to check. It was just strange seeing all the other names on the networks in the report.

Do you think I should try a different forum for the MSN not responding problem or would I need to look for an answer elsewhere? I do know that reinstalling the driver for the graphics helped quite a bit with some freezing and boxes popping up. But still have the MSN thing where it stops responding and have to hit a recover button. It was happening over and over and over. It's not happening nearly as much with the driver reinstalled so thank you for that!

Sherry

#15 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hi, Sherry,

Yes, I would try another forum as I'm not the best with IE problems, namely the W7 forum...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/167/windows-7/

Glad I could help!

Regards,

bwv848

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users