Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ethernet driver for HP DC7800P for XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SargeUSMC1956

SargeUSMC1956

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

I can find all kinds of ethernet drivers online for this model machine, unfortunately none of them work.

This is what I have, and I've been here, done that and nothing they offer here works.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-dc7800-small-form-factor-pc/3459241/drivers

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Semper Fi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,199 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:19 PM

Is there a device under Network Adapters in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark? If yes right click and select properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer,

• Open Device Manager (Start > Run > devmgmt.msc)
  • right click the Ethernet controller
  • click Properties > Tab Details > On the Property box select Device Instance Id
  • Copy & Paste the values on the box to your Reply

Edited by SleepyDude, 05 October 2017 - 01:22 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

Did you make sure to switch the OS on the machine you are downloading them from to XP?

It may be auto-detecting another OS and that might be why the drivers dont work

This is an HP business class computer.

My guess is that it is either the Broadcom NetXreme or the Intel Gigabit

In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:30 AM

Has the system worked properly in the past?

If the system used to work properly what do you think happened to it since the last time it did work properly?

Is the system able to get on the Internet now?

If the system can't get on the Internet how are you applying the driver downloads?

You say "nothing they offer here works" so exactly what does that mean...  drivers won't install, error message installing, installs but still not Internet?

Your search for drivers on the HP Software and Driver download page is too general with too many choices.

When looking for drivers on the HP page you should enter the HP serial number of the unit and it will greatly reduce the number of choices offered - maybe even right to your specific system.

Now you don't have so many choices.

Tell us the serial number of the unit so we can look too.

If you still are not sure which you need then do this:

From Device Manager right click your network device and copy/paste back here the values from the List of Hardware IDs (or at least the first line):

[attachment=198590:Untitled.jpg]

Edited by joseibarra, 06 October 2017 - 03:36 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users