Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Codes %%-2140993535 and 0x80630801.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Newbietroubles

Newbietroubles

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

I've been getting 2 different errors in my event log that I can't figure out how to solve:

1. The Peer Name Resolution Protocol service terminated with the following error:  %%-2140993535

2. The Peer Name Resolution Protocol cloud did not start because the creation of the default identity failed with error code: 0x80630801.

I've looked through the forums and followed the advice listed here https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541649/error-code-2140993535/ 

I've attached the sfc log for perusal. I can see that a few files are corrupted and were unable to be repaired by the scan. So my question is, what do I do next? Attached File  sfcdetails.txt   376.01KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:27 PM

To overcome file corruption...it may be necessary to run the sfc /scannow command more than once.  I would run it a max of 3 times before being convinced that I need to do something different.

IMO, users mistakenly seem to believe that running sfc. starti[ repair, and chkdsk...one time is sufficient.  That's incorrect, those commands should all be run a max of 3 times, if necessary.

Louis

#3 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

So you really have two problems?

Why not work on one thing at a time.

Those Peer Services get installed as Manual Start and should start automatically when Windows establishes an Internet connection.

Are you able to get on the Internet?

Take a look at this and compare it to what you see on your system:

If your system looks different either accurately describe the differences or post a screen shot of what your system looks like.

If any of those Services are not started are you able to right click and start them and if they fail to start describe exactly what happens.

A possible solution from another community is to navigate to the folder and rename the idstore.sst file (idstore.xxx) so it is "missing":

Then you may want to clear your Event Logs to get a fresh start on them.

Then restart your system.

Then check the Services and Event Log again and see how things look.

Edited by joseibarra, 06 October 2017 - 05:00 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#4 Newbietroubles

Newbietroubles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Hi there, sorry its been so long in replying. So I've run the scan about 6 times, it seems that a Windows Foundation Language Pack is corrupted, and the scan doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I've tried renaming and/or deleting some files to no avail.  I do have internet connection, and I've tried searching for the particular file idstore.xxx you mentioned, but I don't have an AppData folder anywhere within LocalService. I've also gone into the Services tab to check to make sure all the peer networking stuff was running, it already was. The shut downs are getting more frequent and I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas about how to isolate and delete this Windows Foundation Language Pack?

#5 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

You do have an AppData folder but you can't see it because Windows normally hides those folders and the contents.

You need to make an adjustment so you can see these hidden files/folders and also uncheck the Hide extensions option.

At the top of the screen click Tools, Folder Options and make these two adjustments which you can undo later if it is your desire:

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users