Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Family Trees

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:34 AM

Hello all

I was just wondering if any of my fine friends here at BC know of any on-line, reliable and good Family Tree sites.

I found out a while back that my great grandfather used to play professional soccer, and i wanted to back trace to look at his life and others in my family. It was a long long time ago though, in a galaxy far far away, so there is nothing really printed in local newspapers as back then they were not really major celebs like they are today.

Many thanks guys and girls!
:thumbsup:

Edited by graveangel, 20 September 2006 - 04:35 AM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wayne_uk

wayne_uk

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:03 PM

If you seriously want to trace your family tree, try www.rootschat.com,
there are plenty of people there who will help you, just remember these people use their time and sometimes their own money to access the data, so please if your not serious about it don't, ask for too much
have fun
wayne

#3 graveangel

graveangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:37 PM

Cheers wayne_uk,

If its all done by volunteers, i shall check this out when i have a little more time.

Thanks again!
:thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users