Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do you put MOOCs in your resume?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mfrau92

mfrau92

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

I completed more than 60 moocs along many topic, in particular IT security, business and general software programming. 

Many of them are obtaneid through Coursera and Cybrary. I chose to follow them because I can manage my spare time and keep the pace with my current studies, and because I can't spend much in this moment.

I'm wondering if Moocs count something in a resume. I know they are not comparable with certifications, but I think they can prove a candidate's will of continuos learning. 

What do you think about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

No, because I don't have any.  I had to look up what Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are.  How I would handle it, would be to add the information in a keyword section of your resume.

It have a section titled Technical Proficiencies, broken down into three sections: Platforms, Tools, and Hardware.  In those section I have software and hardware I have supported.

That said do not list anything on your resume that you are not capable of discussing.  In other words don't say that you know something that you're not comfortable with supporting.  I've dropped things off of my resume that I haven't supported for over five years as while I used to know it well, I'd have to relearn it now.

#3 mfrau92

mfrau92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:03 AM

Thanks Kirloy, I should have mentioned what moocs are. Yes, indeed we must be ready to discuss about anything written on the resume. I hope to find any voucher for certification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users