Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my PC for medium gaming.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 razchn

razchn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hey you guys !

My PC was bought in 2010, and now i want to upgrade it to be enable to play some medium gaming games like PUBG, GTA V, Destiny2 and more...

my specs are : 

Processor : i7 920 2.67GHz

M.board : X58-USB3 Gigabyte

Memory : 8Gigs of DDR3 

Graphic Card : GTS 450.

I know, it's super old PC.

The thing is that i thought to upgrade the Grapic Card, but, I dont know which will be good, and.... The main thing, I dont know if I need to upgrade my MotherBoard too..

Can I have some advice on what to do ? and which hardware components should I buy ? 

Thanks you alot guys !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

Yeah its not going to be good upgrading for this as its a very old architecture processor wise.

I mean its still a good processor but even some low end pentiums have surpassed in terms of clock speed and single thread performance.

If you want to bring it to speed to play modern games it may pay off to go get new hardware.

Any new graphics card would bottleneck that processor, sure the GTX 1050Ti would be a good place to start as its a good graphics card for such a low price but its up to yoyu if you want to give your machine a overhaul or not.

In terms of resale value you got a good machine though, the returns on your processor alone are still decent for some cash in your pocket.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 razchn

razchn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

Which price will you give for such machine ? 

lets say, with 0.5TB HDD 

Edited by hamluis, 05 October 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

I say around $300 for the whole machine, its still got some good specs and someone would buy it

I mean yeah the motherboard is worth a lot but people are a bit careful with money nowadays.

I would sell it for $400 but go no lower than $300-250

But if this is your only computer that could be a bit of an issue.

You would still need all your parts and your cost of a new machine at base would be in or around $400-500 depending on the parts you want.

Edited by MadmanRB, 05 October 2017 - 10:00 AM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users