Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

calendars

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PDN

PDN

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:56 AM

The galaxy S5's phone's stock calendar syncs with the galaxy S5's Google calendar, however, the PC's Google calendar does not syn with either.

PS    When I type in a post the click to post, it does not. I have to come back and edit to post. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by hamluis, 05 October 2017 - 08:18 AM.
Moved from Networking to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Are you using the same Google Account (usually Gmail address) on both the PC and your device?

The only reason I have ever seen a Google Calendar not be in perfect sync across devices is if someone signs in using a different Google Account on one of them, which means that the calendar being used on that device is not the same calendar that's being used on the other(s).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#3 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:46 AM

#4 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

As I said,   When I type in a post , then click "Post" it does not appear. I have to come back and edit in order to show the post to post. 

I am using Windows 10 with Chrome. See my blank previous post. is the issue on my end or yours? It did it again = when I posted it disappeared and when I edited it worked.

re: the calendar, I have wiped the caches on the similar Galaxy S5's, cleared data in the desktop and don the same with the Chromebook.

Is the a conservative way to remove all old traces and start over again with all 4 devices? 

Edited by PDN, 08 October 2017 - 09:49 AM.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

I have reported the issue with the forums software.  It's being attended to as I type.

You did not answer the question I originally asked.   If you are logged in using the same Google Account across multiple devices then each of those devices can and will access the same Google mail, calendar, etc.

You do have to use the Google mail, calendar, etc., apps, not the built-in ones on many older devices because those do not access the Google items, but ones local to the device itself.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#6 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

I'm sorry I thought I explained that I have one Gmail account and that is what I use to log into the 4 calendars.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Then I cannot explain how they do not sync.

Your Google account is the master key to "all things Google" for that specific account.  If you are logged in to Google using that same account on all devices then if you are looking at Google Calendar using the Google Calendar app or, in the case of the PC, using the Google Calendar web interface you are looking at one and the same calendar.

The only logical explanation I can come up with is that you are not looking at the same Google calendar somewhere (as in on one of the devices as opposed to all the others).  The fact that you mention one of Samsung's calendar apps muddies the water as I don't know how it logs in to a given calendar or interacts with it.  I use only Google Apps or web interfaces to interact with my Google stuff with the exception of e-mail.  I use the web interface for e-mail but also have a number of e-mail client programs set up for testing purposes and all remain in perfect synchronization with each other since I use IMAP access.

~ Mark Twain

#8 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:17 PM

Once again I posted, clicked 'post' and all disappeared.

I am now using the edit button. I had said,"Thank you for your time and patience and if I resolve the issue I will be back to explain further.

Edited by PDN, 08 October 2017 - 02:20 PM.

#9 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

All I can suggest with regard to the "disappearing content" is two things:

1.  Keep reporting that the issue is happening, right after it happens, on the thread that I started based on your post this morning on the "Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions" forum.  This is beyond my ability to fix and I know it is being looked into.  That being said, there will be the presumption that the fixes that have been tried have worked if you suddenly stop saying that you're still having the problem (or say you're no longer having it).   Any time it crops up again add to that thread.

2.  Until it resolves definitely make a point to copy your entire message using CTRL+A, followed immediately by CTRL+C, just before you hit the "Post" button.  That way if it does disappear you can then just hit the "Edit" link at the bottom of the blank post and then paste what you copied (CTRL+V) and try posting it again.

~ Mark Twain

#10 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

All I can suggest with regard to the "disappearing content" is two things:

1.  Keep reporting that the issue is happening, right after it happens, on the thread that I started based on your post this morning on the "Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions" forum.  This is beyond my ability to fix and I know it is being looked into.  That being said, there will be the presumption that the fixes that have been tried have worked if you suddenly stop saying that you're still having the problem (or say you're no longer having it).   Any time it crops up again add to that thread.

2.  Until it resolves definitely make a point to copy your entire message using CTRL+A, followed immediately by CTRL+C, just before you hit the "Post" button.  That way if it does disappear you can then just hit the "Edit" link at the bottom of the blank post and then paste what you copied (CTRL+V) and try posting it again.

Yes I do CC then CV to save time etc.

Edited by PDN, 08 October 2017 - 02:47 PM.

#11 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

I removed the calendar with my gmail address  and use the one with my first name last initial and all is syncing on 4 devices.

Thank you for your help and I wish you all luck with  posting issue.

Edited by PDN, 09 October 2017 - 07:22 AM.

#12 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:59 AM

Sorry to spoil a good thing but I was wrong. I do have synchronization but which is good and I do not know how it occurred. However I have more than one calendar name checked in order to get all the events. I think I have to create an event with one calendar but I have too many. I have my email address and my name in the pc and different names in the phones.
I will continue to work on this and at least they are synchronized but not all events are included.

Edited by PDN, 09 October 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#13 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,844 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:05 AM

Well, you also have to make sure that all calendars are visible and that they are shared if you're using ones associated with two different Google accounts.

There is no way from what you have offered so far that I can figure out exactly what you are doing and how things are interrelated.

I have the Google Calendar app on my phone as well as the Google Calendar online showing me 4 different calendars from 4 different Google Accounts (one the main Google Account and the other three from other Google Accounts sharing their calendars with the main account) and synchronizing perfectly.

You have got to have your proverbial ducks in a row and have the necessary sharing and visibility attributes set to make all this work.  

~ Mark Twain

#14 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:07 AM

I have one Google account. I will try to create events from the same calendar.

Edited by PDN, 09 October 2017 - 10:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users