Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BC RSS & Bloglines

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:19 PM

Don't know if this is something that would result from the RSS feed here at BC or the acquisition system at Bloglines. How some ever, my bloglines shows an update for the Linux board once a day. Even tho there hasn't been a new Linux entry for a long time. I know Bloglines checks every hour or so but this is a once a day thing. Anybody else having spurious updates from BC RSS feeds?

Grinler does this board reset once a day or something. Is there any thing I should tell Bloglines to check? I am starting the inquiries here as the board is faster than emailing Bloglines.

Not a really big problem but I know it uses some of your bandwidth that isn't really needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 04:22 PM

I think that he is away on a long needed vacation.
Posted Image

#3 Bluie

Bluie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:26 PM

Wow good for him. I am actiually going to take three whole days Christmas weekend.

Guess this will wait till he gets back. Hope the board doesn't totally fall apart before then.

Happy holidays Scarlet

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:29 PM

And to you too! May your holiday be bright!

Im going to take some time off in January. (I hope) This six day work week is .... Arrggh! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#5 Bluie

Bluie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:59 PM

Grinler on the topic of RSS feeds this RSS Throttle and misc info site might be of interest to you.

Edited by Bluie, 15 December 2004 - 06:00 PM.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:33 PM

Just saw this thread...sorry about that. What exactly is happening. We just have a script on our end that gives the latest 10-20 topics from a particular forum or specification.

Thats all we do on our side. If you check today and tomorrow and there are no new posts, then the output from our feed will be exactly the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users