Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IMac problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mattytun

mattytun

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

The is on behalf of my bro in law

I have an iMac computer and I could do with being able to have windows on it to do my payroll programme. If you could help me out at all that would be great. I also plan to put a Microsoft office programme on it and don't know if I do whether I would still need windows. Big differences in prices of the office programmes that sound like the same thing so confused. Any advice much appreciated. No pressure , just if you fancy finding out

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

What version of Mac OS is running on the iMac?

You can create a dual-boot environment using Bootcamp. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

With Bootcamp, if you want to switch between Mac and Windows, you'll need to reboot the iMac and log into the desired OS.

Or, you can set up Windows on a virtual machine. You can use VMware Fusion (paid), or VirtualBox (free) to set up the Windows VM.

If all you need is Office, you can get Office for Mac. Price depends on what country you are in, and which version you want. The Home & Business version is what you probably want.

#3 mattytun

mattytun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

What version of Mac OS is running on the iMac?

You can create a dual-boot environment using Bootcamp. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468

With Bootcamp, if you want to switch between Mac and Windows, you'll need to reboot the iMac and log into the desired OS.

Or, you can set up Windows on a virtual machine. You can use VMware Fusion (paid), or VirtualBox (free) to set up the Windows VM.

If all you need is Office, you can get Office for Mac. Price depends on what country you are in, and which version you want. The Home & Business version is what you probably want.

Thanks for the kind help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users