Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

URGENT HELP!! LAPTOP STUCK ON LIMITED WIFI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Metal_Dragon

Metal_Dragon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:13 AM

Hi I need help urgently please! My laptop is the only device that cannot use the WiFi now. Im currently Using my phone to seek help. Windows troubleshooter does not help and I think its something to do with my network adapters!

It was working fine until I used the avast free Antivirus removal tool in safe mode (as recommended) to remove it!! My main network adapter is Intel® Dual Band WIRELESS-AC 7265 and that seems to be alright but I have to view hidden folders in device manager to see my wan miniports and I'm pretty sure I need those for the WiFi to connect!! They are all greyed out and there is no way for me to access any Internet. I even tried Hotspot!

The windows network diagnostics say that there might be a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter. Trying repairs as an administrator does not fix it!

I am running Windows 8.1 pro, 64 bit. The only way I can install and run any program on it is by downloading it on my phone, connecting it to the laptop and moving the file onto it. Please help ASAP I have no other devices I can use! Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:01 AM

Please visit wireless card manufacturer website and download latest wireless card driver.

Also reset TCP/IP protocol suite configuration with the batch script i have created link to batch script is below.

"Reset TCP/IP Protocol Suite" 

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618975/reset-tcpip-protocol-suite/

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

There are a couple of things you can do.  One would be to do a system restore to a date prior to uninstalling Avast.  The second would be to just purchase a wifi dongle which plugs into a USB port, like this one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users