Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop headphone jack not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Summoner99

Summoner99

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

With my relatively new laptop, my headphone jack was working just fine up until a few days ago when all of the sudden for as far as I can tell, my headphone jack stopped working. It's not an issue with the headphones because I have tried them on other computers and I have tried other headphones on my laptop. I doubt its an issue with my headphone jack because I'm incredibly careful with it when I plug in and remove my headphone cords. 

I have already searched online and found various suggestions to fix this. The two primary ones I saw being update your sound drivers which if I navigate to my device manager, I only see one category related to sound called "sound video and game controllers". The drivers within this category all are updated already. The other suggestion was to make sure my headphones are my default option. But headphones aren't an option per say.  The two listed options are "1-digital display audio" and 2 "speakers/headphones". This is my best hunch for dealing with the issue, but I don't quite know how to go about correcting this.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 my2oanh

my2oanh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

If your Laptop headphone jack not working, you can try to disable Front Panel Jack detection.

Go to Control Panel > Relatek HD audio Manager.
Then, you check the Disable front panel jack detection option, under connector settings in the right side panel.

The headphones and other audio devices work without any issues.

Edited by my2oanh, 04 October 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#3 Summoner99

Summoner99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

Woops forgot to reply to this thread. To do that, I have 5o navigate to it in my program files, but once I get there and try to run it, a window will not pop up.

#4 Victoria88Kush

Victoria88Kush

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:27 AM

Hi!

I just registered here cuz I'm going nuts with the same issue - I'm on a 3 month old Lenovo that's been AWESOME, but suddenly the headphone jack has decided to quit on me. Same things, super careful, have tried 4 different headphones (from my friend's GOOD ones, to dollar store ones...) work on my phone, etc., but not on my laptop/buddy. The headphones don't appear on the control panel.. am I stupid or .....

:) arggh I just want to listen to old school Green Day at 3am without aggravating my Roomie :)

Thanks in advance!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users