Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 wont start up.... Safe mode won't start up and recovery doesn't Work

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darren_Vu

Darren_Vu

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

When I turned on my pc, it took 20 minutes to load and when it was finished It took me to system start up repair and it wouldnt repair anything because it kept saying terminate the program memory something. I tried to use system restore and it said the same thing. When I try to click f8 to safe mode I waited for a hour and still it didn't start up. When I turned off my pc again and turned it back on it loaded to this black screen where it says checking file system on C: but it kept restarting and after 1 day it was not done still .

PLEASE HELP

Edited by Darren_Vu, 04 October 2017 - 09:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will  fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Chkdsk D: /r

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Edited by FreeBooter, 04 October 2017 - 12:09 PM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 Darren_Vu

Darren_Vu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:20 PM

I cant get on windows, it wont let me it brings me to the checking file system and startup repair.

Edited by Darren_Vu, 04 October 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Do you have Windows 7 Installation DVD?

2GvnEq2.gif

#5 Darren_Vu

Darren_Vu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

I do indeed when I place it in it doesnt do anything

#6 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

Place the DVD drive as a first boot device within BIOS setup utility.

2GvnEq2.gif

#7 Darren_Vu

Darren_Vu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

I did that already what is next, sorry for not replying earlier stuff happens

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

You can use Qemu Simple Boot  program to test if the Windows installation media bootable.

2GvnEq2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users