Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Internet Explorer 11 (New theme) ??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

Lol i just fired up IE11 and it looks really different how tabs are set :(

does everybody have it like i have? :S

Cheers brent!  https://prnt.sc/gt7xzl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,525 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

That's what IE11 has looked like by default (at least under Windows 8.1 and 10) for as long as I can remember.  I don't use IE unless I must, so I've never customized it in any way, and here's what it looks like on my machine:

ie11_main.jpg 

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

bruhh, i'll think i will use Google chrome again for security :) and Google chrome is building an Ad-blocker system and it will be available in 2018 :D good job Google team :P 

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

bruhh, i'll think i will use Google chrome again for security :) and Google chrome is building an Ad-blocker system and it will be available in 2018 :D good job Google team :P

There are several excellent ad blockers available as add-ons now.  I used Adblock Plus for years (and still think it's good) but recently changed to uBlock Origin.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

#5 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Bruhh, i use Adblock plus so long, but i heard a story about Adblock Plus and i have maked the switch to uBlock origin, but always keep going to Adblock plus :S is uBlock origin really a better adblocker, most usely adblocker in the world? :o

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,525 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

I am not trying to denigrate Adblock Plus in any way, but "most used" is very often not the best metric in deciding about "quality."

Adblock Plus was the pioneer in the field and, as a result, was adopted by untold millions when they were virtually the only player in the market.  Once you have an embedded base they don't tend to jump ship (which you described in terms of yourself).

But what should determine "best" for any individual is determined by feature matching (or extra features that one has that another does not) that best meet the needs of that individual.

I hate virtually any question that begins with, "What's the best . . .," because the term best is very seldom entirely objective and very often highly subjective.  What is best for me an best for you could, at least in theory, be diametrically opposed.

#7 Guest_Doghen_*

Guest_Doghen_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hmm, yeah but would you recommend my uBlock origin over Adblock Plus? because your the expert here :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users