Now you can enable Windows Defender guard again and remove VundoFix.
- Open Windows Defender
- Click on "Tools"
- Click on "General Settings"
- Scroll down to "Real-time protection options"
- Check "Turn on Real-time protection (recommended)"
- Click "Save"
- Exit the program.
- Clear your system restore
This will clear the system restore folders from possible malware that was left behind during the cleaning process.
- Use ATF Cleaner
Download and install ATF Cleaner. Clean your temporary files & folders with it regularly.
- Use Ad-Aware
Download and install Ad-Aware. Update it and scan your computer regularly with it.
- Use Ewido
Update it and scan your computer regularly with it.
- Use Spybot S&D
Download and install Spybot S&D. Update it and scan your computer regularly with it.
- Install SpywareBlaster
SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.
- Install MVPS Hosts file
This prevents your computer from connecting to harmful sites.
- Use Firefox browser
Firefox is faster, safer and better browser than Internet Explorer.
- Keep your systen up-to-date
Visit Windows Update regularly.
- Keep your antivirus and firewall up-to-date
Scan your computer regularly with your antivirus.
- Read this article by TonyKlein
So how did I get infected in the first place?