Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC freezing and needing power reset.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 barnacle bill

barnacle bill

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:19 AM

PC freezing and needing power reset. Previously the hard drives were getting noisy. Local PC shop suggested Combofix and posting the log to one of these forums. Here's the log but I,m not sure what to do next (wait 7 days, I guess) so any advice would be welcome. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back.

Attached File  ComboFix 4 10 17.txt   12.45KB   2 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,462 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

:welcome: to BleepingComputer.

Hi there,

my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.

Please follow these guidelines:
  • Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.
  • print or copy & save instructions.
  • back up all your private data / music / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.
  • Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.
  • Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
  • Ask for clarification, if you have any questions.
  • Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.
  • My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

:step1: Please download Security Analysis by Rocket Grannie from here
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Double click RGSA.exe
  • Click OK on the copyright-disclaimer
  • When finished, a Notepad window will open with the results of the scan.
  • The log named SALog.txt can also be found on the Desktop or in the same folder from where the tool is run if installed elsewhere.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of that log in this topic.
  • Note:
If you get a Warning from Windows about running the program, click on More info and then click Run Anyway to run it even though Windows says it might put your PC at risk.

:step2: Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save it to your desktop.
  • Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.
  • Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
  • Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
  • MBAR will start. Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.
  • 'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.
  • 'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
  • If malware is found - do not press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.
  • If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.

:step3: Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click AdwCleaner.exe
Vista / Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it.
    If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

:step4: Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

Graduate of the WTT Classroom
Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

#3 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,462 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

Hi,

it has been several days since I sent my last set of instructions to help with your computer problem.

Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.

Note: Thread will be closed if no response after 3 days.

Cheers,
Jo
If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 36 hours please send me a PM.

#4 Jo*

Jo*

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,462 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:08 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Cheers,
Jo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users