to BleepingComputer.Please follow these guidelines:
my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.
- Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.
- print or copy & save instructions.
- back up all your private data / music / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.
- Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.
- Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.
- Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
- Ask for clarification, if you have any questions.
- Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.
- My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please download Security Analysis by Rocket Grannie
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.
- Double click RGSA.exe
- Click OK on the copyright-disclaimer
- When finished, a Notepad window will open with the results of the scan.
- The log named SALog.txt can also be found on the Desktop or in the same folder from where the tool is run if installed elsewhere.
- Please copy and paste the contents of that log in this topic.
If you get a Warning from Windows about running the program, click on More info
and then click Run Anyway
to run it even though Windows says it might put your PC at risk.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
and save it to your desktop.
- Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.
- Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
- Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
- MBAR will start. Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
- Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
- Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.
- 'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.
- 'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
- If malware is found - do not press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.
- If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.
*** Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click AdwCleaner.exeVista / Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
- The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it.
If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
- Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.
- Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
- When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press the Scan button.
- When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
- Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.