Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WHEA Uncorrectable error

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lii

Lii

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:15 PM

I get this bsod on normal boot, it doesn't happen in safe mode. I used msconfig to disable services and start up programs, neither worked and still get bsod. I've tried so many things to find out whats wrong i cant remember them all.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1lziq3ANy2PEncBHD65vhed

Mini dump file attached, the sticky said to use SysnativeFileCollectionApp. but the link to it seems to be broken

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,990 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

Sysnative is doing some site work right now, so no worries. Here's an alternate BSOD file collection program for you to run:

https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

0x124 bugchecks are very generic crashes, theoretically indicating hardware problems. However, I've recently found graphics drivers to be also culprits, as well as even third-party anti-viruses.

The fact that you're getting BSODs when starting Windows, but only in normal mode, is more complicated though. Again this could be a hardware issue or a software issue, so I will not jump to any conclusions at all (especially with no dump files). You do not appear to be overclocking, is that correct? Is this a self-built computer? Very little info provided in Speccy (as you ran it in Safe Mode).

Regardless, I suggest you start off troubleshooting by running these hardware diagnostics: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html/

Run ALL the tests. If you have trouble understanding the page, feel free to ask me for help.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Lii

Lii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

I thought i had attached a minidump file but guess i forgot to hit some button.

Yea self built 5 ish years old now. No overclocking. Currently going thru that list of tests, memtest saw no errors

Attached Files

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Thanks. Let's continue with the hardware diagnostics. After MemTest86, you should run a drive diagnostic followed by Prime95's BLEND test for 24 hours.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Lii

Lii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:25 PM

Drive diagnostic didn't show any errors but I can no longer boot into safe mode. I'm downloading UBCD to try that out.

I also did some part swap tests, put hdd into another computer no bsod put ram into the other pc also no bsod. put the 2nd pcs hdd and ram into the first and first still got bsod

Edit: I'm starting to think the motherboard is dying it sometimes doesn't see the ram and gives me the no ram beep code.

Edited by Lii, 05 October 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

Yes, I'd agree that it is most likely the motherboard. We have mostly ruled out the RAM and HDD, which leaves us with the CPU or motherboard as potential culprits. Unfortunately, there are no reliable tests for motherboards, so you'll either have to purchase a new one or get one from a friend. Nonetheless, I encourage you to run Prime95 and see how the system behaves. If nothing unusual happens (and you have time), then try this hardware stripdown: http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Edit: I forgot about the PSU and GPU. :blush: If you remove the graphics card, does the system crash?

Edited by bwv848, 05 October 2017 - 06:34 PM.

#7 Lii

Lii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

welp, gpu and psu swaped from pc 1 and pc 2. Pc 1 still bsod. pc 2 runs fine(well as fine as a pc with amd athlon II x2 220 which now sports 16gb of ram and a nvidia 1060 lol) also tried different sata cords to hdd still bsod. So only things left is cpu and motherboard.  is there a way to find out which one without buying replacements? or is it better to replace both at the same time anyway?

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Okay. Before we do anything, what is the make/model/wattage of the PSU? Also, can you send me a screenshot of the PSU voltages in the BIOS?

Totally forgot about this — have you tried reinstalling Windows?

#9 Lii

Lii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:59 AM

The psu is a evga 700b. 700 watts When i first started getting the bsod, i reinstalled windows. if i try now it will bsod before i can start the reinstall.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRYesrlGxSeYk11S3pibnh0Vm8/view?usp=sharing

#10 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

All voltages look okay. If you try to boot from MemTest86/UBCD, will the computer boot into them? Regarding the CPU and motherboard, it's probably best to replace the motherboard first. If the problem persists, replace the CPU too. If the problem is resolved, put the new CPU with the old motherboard and see what happens. That way you don't have to waste money buying unnecessary parts.

#11 Lii

Lii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:21 PM

Yea it boots into memtest86 and ubcd fine, it can run memtest for hrs without crashing.

#12 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Okay, I guess it's time to swap the motherboard then. Since it has problems detecting RAM, it be very well be the culprit...

#13 Lii

Lii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Its going to be a while before i can do that. Don't have the money. My gaming budget went into the 1060 lol. Anyway thanks for all the help

#14 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,990 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

Okay. BTW - I can't promise it's the motherboard either. :) Have you considered loaning a motherboard from a friend?

Edited by bwv848, 06 October 2017 - 12:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users