Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Doesn't Charge

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ikonoqlast

ikonoqlast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

ASUS X555LA, 20 months old, Windows 10.  Used about 8-10 hours a day, plugged in. Once a week used from batter until drained, about 2-3 hours.  So about 80-100 battery cycles.

Starting yesterday, plugged in, doing my thing.  Screen suddenly dims.  It's plugged in but not charging.  Swap outlets, same thing. Check connections and materials, everything looks normal, no wear or damage.  

Try different outlets, same thing.  Flip adapter over, that seems to fix it... for a few hours.  Today, plugged in, not charging.  Battery draining (21% now).  

Please help!  I'm reasonably handy, but I don't have money for repairs.  And it isn't like the battery is worn out, it has been giving the same 2-3 hours performance on battery since forever, and did so recently.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users