Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can i get more out my graphics card?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Serge_Thire

Serge_Thire

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

hello so me and my 3 bros have the same kind of computer same specs same every thing. but 1 of my brothers was trying to get his GPU to install new drives and he said it would not. so he tryed a lot of stuff and now its working better then all of our like a LOT better he does not know what he did i have been trying to find out but i can not. so i was seeing how i can boost my graphics card cuz its kinda crappy so its a nvidia NVS 3100M. sooo is there a way to get more out of it. i have heard of overclocking but will that damage it???

welll thats it thanks for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Serge_Thire

Serge_Thire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

also i have the latest drives!

#3 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:24 AM

overclocking laptop GPUs is rarely a good idea, most are thermally inadequate...

Make the jump to a desktop... you'll thank me later :/

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#4 Serge_Thire

Serge_Thire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:00 PM

ha ok well thanks for the info on overclocking but buying a desktop is not rly a option for me cuz i am 16 and live on a ranch with my parent that 30 mins from any thing so the only way i get money is by walking miles down dirt roads to get cans to recycle. i only got the my computer cuz a relitive works for a company that throws away computers after some time and he gave it to me.

#5 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,013 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

overclocking laptop GPUs is rarely a good idea, most are thermally inadequate...

Make the jump to a desktop... you'll thank me later :/

+1! :thumbup2:

Notebooks cannot handle the extra heat needed for overclock.......some models runs hot out of the box. A few years back I tried overclocking my GeForce GT425M to get better folding@home crunching results, all I done was made my already hot MB run even more so & set back to default values. Fortunately, I had removed the battery before doing this to keep the heat away from (then) a 24/7 running notebook for it's first 7-8 months of ownership. Because of what I used the notebook for, disabled updates & security, it sat on a steel shelf to help absorb heat, was gaining close to 6,000 points per day. 

Later would acquire a desktop & once I seen the GPU performance, shutdown folding@home on my notebook & would continue to run on my PC instead, gaining over 13,000 points per day. :guitar:

I noticed that you stated you lucked up on getting the notebook you have, ask around, get the word out, you may luck up in the same manner & gain a PC. Today, I get so many offers for 'rehoming' unwanted PC's that I have to turn most down, or accept & donate to the local Hospice store. Don't give up, someone will have one with your name on it! :)

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users