Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Elitebook 8560w

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Hello,

I have this Elitebook and would like to reformat it to factory settings but i don't have the recovery partition or the disks what options do i have? i don't want to purchase them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

I am assuming this is an OEM install. You can right click computer and select Properties. At the bottom of the Window look for the PID. It should have OEM in the number.

Download Advanced Tokens Manager. Unzip to the Desktop. Run the program. Click on the Activation Backup button. Make a note of the key it finds as this will be needed for reinstall. When the Activation Backup button changes to Activation Restore the backup is complete. Copy the unzipped folder on the desktop to a flash drive.

Use this tool to download your Windows 7 iso version. For OEM use the COEM iso file of your version. Burn the iso to a DVD or use Rufus to create a bootable flash drive. 

Do a clean install using this guide. Use the key found with ATM to install. After install copy the ATM folder to the desktop and click on the Activation Restore button.

If you want to sell this computer you can wipe the drive instead of deleting partitions by pressing Shift + F10 when you see the language screen which opens a command prompt and type the following.

diskpart

list disk

select disk X     Where X is the drive you will be installing Windows to. On a single drive system it will be zero

clean all            This will zero wipe the disk. It completes when you see the diskpart prompt again. Make sure you are selecting the correct drive in the previous step.

exit

exit

If doing the above there will be no partitions to delete as per the guide.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users