Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Boots But Puppy Becomes Attached Scsi Rem. Dsk Sda And Stops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wilsonb

wilsonb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

I have been stuck on this for sometime now and thought the new Live Puppy CD 2.10 would solve it, but no can do.

The system boots off the USB device and loads linux. It seems to work great and even copies pup_202.sfs to Ramdisk. Then while text scrolls to fast to read(is there a log file of this somewhere?) it stops at;

SCSI device sda: 1984000 512-byte hdwr sectors (1016 Mb)
sda: Write protect is off
sda: assuming drive cache: write through
sda: sda1
sd: 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi removable disk sda

can hit enter and it brings me to the : prompt in a directory with;
PUPPYVERSION
README.txt
linuxrc
pup_new
pup_ro2 ~ pup_ro5

etc... . . . .

Any suggestions?

I would like to have the SD drive boot up into Puppy and for older systems that can not boot usb (I have a force USB floppy image on the SD, so I can create a floppy on fly for those systems.

PLEASE HELP!!!!! IM ALMOST THERE... I CAN FEEL IT' :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users