Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Feature, 1703 update wont stick

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 edwardbeyer

edwardbeyer

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

I have recently gotten notice that my computer is trying to do a features update. After the first faliure, I ran the windows 10 update troubleshooter. it told me to run a check on database corruption. I have done this several times, and it has yet to eork. Here is my computer information. 

Operation System: Windows 10 Home

Laptop name and Model: Asus Strix, GL502VS

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz 2.59Ghz

If there is more info needed, i am more than willing to provide it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,829 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

I've been posting the following a lot today in response to a number of issues that parallel your own.   Try following these instructions:

Updating Windows 10 using the Windows 10 ISO file

When a Windows Update through the normal Windows Update mechanism won't work or won't stick this is generally the most effective method to get it to take, permanently.

You also have the option to wait a short while and follow those same instructions but using the ISO for Version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) which is mere days from being released.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 edwardbeyer

edwardbeyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

cool. thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users