Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Great Day For Weapons Manufacturers and NRA

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:40 AM

Every time there is a mass murder--- such as happened last night in Las Vegas---more people buy more weapons. Their reasons

vary from fear, self protection to the warnings from those that profit from mass murders that more restrictions will be placed on the access

of weapons of mass destruction.

Don't expect this Congress to limit access to weapons of mass destruction. That would require rational thought

and actions.

Information is still coming in on the 64 year old white male responsible for the mass murder. You can hear the gunfire coming from fully automatic

weapons being fired from the 32nd floor of a hotel. He had been in the room for 5 days. I'm sure he spent that time bringing in what one report

said was ten weapons and loads of ammo. Hundreds of casualties.

r71113gun.jpg

Edited by buddy215, 02 October 2017 - 08:52 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,449 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Not to mention Republicans want to legalize silencers. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/13/gun-silencers-congress-republicans-242673

#3 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

UPDATE / Talking fodder:: 500 injured to 300 no hundreds! then 300 and now its 200 at 9:18 AM PT Monday,October/2/2017
Reuters said 400
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lasvegas-shooting/at-least-50-dead-more-than-400-hurt-in-las-vegas-concert-attack-idUSKCN1C70FU
Sounded like one guy saying "your okay your okay I smoked" as in I smoked a bowl its alright?
Some had video running but its all blur, one would think they'd be a world star!

Action Video shows NO BEER LOST ! WHEW!

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#4 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Our Nation is heartbroken.  We mourn with all whose loved ones were murdered and injured in last night's horrible tragedy in Las Vegas, Nevada.  As we grieve, we pray that God may provide comfort and relief to all those suffering.

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless act of violence perpetrated on October 1, 2017, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, October 6, 2017.  I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same length of time at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this second day of October, in the year of our Lord two thousand seventeen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-second.

DONALD J. TRUMPs of the Tragedy in Las Vegas, Nevada 
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

OMG, I just woke up and am watching the news,

More guns is NOT the answer.

#6 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

Nevada is one of those places where it is legal to carry a weapon on public property. You can legally carry a fully automatic

assault rifle on the sidewalks of the Las Vegas Strip. You do need a federal license for the automatic rifle but not for a semi-automatic.

The latest number of casualties is 59 dead and 527 injured.

Edited by buddy215, 02 October 2017 - 05:45 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#7 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

And yet people out side of american know they have a better solution but america refuses to listen, america thinks it knows best and american is over run by lobbyist.

Honestly, i just get sick of listening to american news telling the rest of the world they have their hearts and prays for the dead. Praying didnt stop this wack job shooting all them people did it, nope.

I am sick to death of li9stening to these types of stories and just dont give a stuff any more, you know the answer and that is get rid of the damn assault rifle guns!

Why would anyone besides army folk ever need 10 machine guns, let alone one.

Anyway thats the last input i have, you are honestly just stupid after yet again another mass shooting to say more guns are better and its not the guns fault, we know its not the guns fault its humans and humans CANNOT be trusted with machine guns. END OF STORY

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 02 October 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

JJ...the best I've determined is that 10 weapons were in the room. No description of those weapons has been given. But it is certain

that at least one fully automatic weapon was used as you can clearly hear it. It is likely more than one of the weapons was fully automatic and

more than one was used.

#9 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Las Vegas shooting: Gun shares rise in wake of attack - BBC News

Shares in gun manufacturers rose on Monday, just hours after a gunman killed at least 50 people in Las Vegas. It is thought investors anticipated a rush to buy weapons as people fear a tightening of gun control laws. American Outdoor Brands Corp, which owns gun maker Smith and Wesson, saw its stock price rise more than 3%. Another gun manufacturer, Sturm Ruger & Co, was also up around 3%. Meanwhile, ammunition manufacturer, Vista Outdoors Inc. rose more than 2%. Prices in all three companies were bouncing around in early trading, but were in positive territory. The rises stood in contrast to trading on Friday when shares in all three companies closed down.

#10 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

I am just a stupid Australian and can't imagine why a private citizen needs that sort of firepower, maybe somebody can explain it to me, And please don't reply with nonsense like to defend ourself from a tyrannical government, Your military would never allow something like that, I also don't want to hear, But if the people don't have guns only the criminals will have guns.

I am not anti guns, I do not see a problem with people owning a hand gun for " home protection" but machine guns? seriously? 

#11 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,445 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:25 AM

And yet people out side of american know they have a better solution but america refuses to listen, america thinks it knows best and american is over run by lobbyist.

Honestly, i just get sick of listening to american news telling the rest of the world they have their hearts and prays for the dead. Praying didnt stop this wack job shooting all them people did it, nope.

I am sick to death of li9stening to these types of stories and just dont give a stuff any more, you know the answer and that is get rid of the damn assault rifle guns!

Why would anyone besides army folk ever need 10 machine guns, let alone one.

Anyway thats the last input i have, you are honestly just stupid after yet again another mass shooting to say more guns are better and its not the guns fault, we know its not the guns fault its humans and humans CANNOT be trusted with machine guns. END OF STORY

If you are sick of listening to American news than stop listening to American news.

Should we take away all of the automobiles because a person can drive an automobile into a crowd of innocent people and kill just as many innocent people.

People who have the mind set and determination to commit these type of acts will always find a means to complete their acts of violence.

Edited by The-Toolman, 03 October 2017 - 06:26 AM.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#12 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,445 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:27 AM

I am just a stupid Australian and can't imagine why a private citizen needs that sort of firepower,

The fact that Americans can own that kind of firepower is why some Americans do.

I agree that no one needs that kind of firepower.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#13 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

The police said they found 23 firearms in his suite. And when they searched the attacker’s house, they discovered an additional 19 firearms and, according to Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, “some explosives, and several thousand rounds of ammo.” He added that they also found ammonium nitrate, a fertilizer sometimes used in making bombs, in the gunman’s car.

View the interactive graphic displaying a calendar with the mass shooting data in link below.

477 Days. 521 Mass Shootings. Zero Action From Congress. - The New York Times

Note: A mass shooting involves four or more people injured or killed in a single event at the same time and location.

Source: Gun Violence Archive

#14 buddy215

buddy215
  • Topic Starter

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Info keeps trickling out on the automatic weapon(s) used in the slaughter. The killer owned two "bump stock" devices. These things

are legally purchased and easily converts a semi-automatic assault rifle into an automatic one. I doubt the victims will feel better knowing

that the weapons were purchased and modified legally.

You can see a description and actually firing of weapons using bump stocks. The guy doing all the talking is at a Las Vegas gun show.

AK-47 & AR-15 Bump Fire Stocks Explained in Slow Motion - YouTube

#15 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,023 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Should we take away all of the automobiles because a person can drive an automobile into a crowd of innocent people and kill just as many innocent people.

People who have the mind set and determination to commit these type of acts will always find a means to complete their acts of violence.

This false equivalence makes my blood boil.

Automobiles and kitchen cutlery and ice picks and screwdrivers and . . .  were not designed to kill, though all can be used to do so, but guns are, and are incredibly good tools for the job.

You are correct about those determined to cause harm, but we have seen, time and time again, that allowing easy access to tools of killing that no rational private citizen has any need for has made it far too easy for the determined to carry this out with maximum lethal effect.   The recent tragedy in Charlottesville shows just how ineffective plowing into a crowd with a car is compared to shooting from above with a fully automatic weapon.

I don't know of a single person who hasn't needed a car (or at least someone with a car) on more occasions than they can count during the course of their lives.  I can't think of one need, not one, for automatic weapons in private hands.  The fact that some want them is irrelevant.  It is also a tragedy that our Supreme Court chose, in its most recent cases, to interpret the 2nd amendment as though its lead-in clause were not even there.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users