Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba sattellite L505D not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TacticalBananas

TacticalBananas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

So, i'm a bit new to this website, but it seems like it will work. Here i go...

I've been using this laptop for a while now. its a toshiba satellite L505D-S5965. it has a about 3gb in ram, 250gb in HDD. so, back in the beginning of august, it was acting up, seeming a bit unusal and being slow. i brushed it off like it was nothing. after a while, when i booted up my computer, it said this:

INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082)

Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents: (patents were here, there were so many im not gonna list them)

Realtek PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller Series v1.15 (090224)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

at that point, i looked around on the internet, and found a way to boot it up. i went into boot options, and booted my hard drive up. so everything was fine. for a few days. At that point, my computer did it again, and i realized this wasn't normal. but when i booted up my hard drive, the resolution was all wonked up. it was like, 720 x 576 while mine was 1366 x 768 normally. then it wouldn't let me go to my normal user. so i went to the admin profile. when i booted the admin profile up, it was a black screen and said this at the bottom right corner:

Windows 7

Build 7601

this copy of Windows is not genuine

it was just a black screen. i knew how to fix it, but the computer wasn't loading up the start menu. and now, a few weeks after all that has happened, it won't even let me boot it up anymore. i tell it to boot up the hard drive, but it goes right back to the error screen show above. some please help, i don't want to have my computer fixed for a lot of money.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

I'm afraid your hard drive has failed. You can confirm by downloading Seatools for DOS on another computer. Burn the iso file and do the short/long generic test.

Does the drive show up in BIOS? If not then you will need to remove it and attach it to another computer using an enclosure or USB adapter.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-dos-master/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users