Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS G752VS GTX1070 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mastervisa

Mastervisa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

Its been a long time since im having BSOD, when i was using latest nvidia driver i was having crash and auto-restart.Then i changed to 369.56 driver, now its freezing and once it has recovered I have no sound and have to reboot to restore the sound. I do NOT have any heat related problems.

I did all the steps in power settings, uninstalled drivers with DDU and check other drivers and many more stuffs that cant even remember but none of them has a fix for this issue. I am still hoping for an answer.

Laptop model: Asus Rog G752VS-GB166T

Windows 10 64-bit version 1703 ( OS build 15063.608)

Intel i7-6820HK 2.70ghz

GTX 1070 8gb

32gb ram

512gb SSD

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 02 October 2017 - 06:34 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version G752VS.310) dates from June of 2017.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Only 3 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 15063 (1703) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

The only evidence of a BSOD is from the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.  It notes that there was a BSOD on 18 July

There are several BADDUMPFILE entries there, so I suspect a hardware issue that's preventing the system from logging/saving memory dumps.

Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
I'd start with the video tests first (Furmark and Other video), but would ask that you complete ALL of the tests and let us know the results when you're done.

You may want to try Driver Verifier to see if you can force a BSOD and then see if it saves a memory dump then.
To do this, follow the instructions here:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users