Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Took Ram out and put it back in now screen isn't working. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Luka011

Luka011

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:31 AM

I have Acer aspire e1-572g i3 version with 4gb of ram. I want to upgrade the ram so i opened the separated case where i only have access to hdd and ram. I put stick out to see what to look for and just put it back in, just how it was. I didnt touch anything else. When i tried to start the laptop it is starting but the screen isnt working, no backlights, nothing. I can hear fan working but everything works for like 2 secs then it goes like hibernation mode. I tried putting ram in another case, draining the power etc. Any help would be more than welcome

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

The only thing I can think of is, pulling the stick of ram and re-inserting it. Sometimes it doesn't go in quite right. Don't know how many sticks you have, looks like the laptop only holds 2, if you have 1 stick, make sure it is in the same slot as it was before.

I'm no genius on this stuff, sorry, but that's all I could come up with. :mellow:

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:32 AM

I put it in the same slot every time, the thing is, i tried more than 20 times but atill nothing. Nothing is damaged i just put it out and in and thats it. Thanks for ur help tho

#4 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:54 AM

Anyone?

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:18 AM

I'm assuming you took out the battery before removing the ram. It's possible something was tweaked when reinstalling the RAM. The only thing I could advise is to pull the battery and remove the power adapter. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power adapter and battery. If it still does not boot do the same procedure but do not replace the battery only boot with the power adapter attached.

#6 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

First off thank u for ur help, but unfortunately I tried that too, none of this is working. The problem is that the display does not have any backlights, like it is turned off, and when i try to boot it fan starts working and i can hear those like clicks, like starting the system and then boom, everything stops and it goes in some kind of hybernation mode. Any more advices or should i bring it to the service. Funny thing is that I did everything to this laptop, replacing the keyboard, cleaning motherboard, changing thermal paste and the most simple thing turns out to be the most complicated. Fascinating is the fact that i didnt change anything, just turned it the way it was.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:24 AM

Have you tried an external monitor to see if it is the backlihgt causing the display to not work?

Did you remove the battery before removing the RAM?  Removing the RAM with a charged battery still installed could result in damage to the motherboard and or RAM as there is voltage present.  Another possible scenario would be that you discharged static electricity from you body to the RAM when you handled it.

Did you have more than one module installed?

Edited by dc3, 01 October 2017 - 10:26 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Guest_Joe C_*

Guest_Joe C_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

Does this laptop show any diagnostic lights that blink or flash on/off near or around the keyboard?

#9 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Well the power button is blue as usual, like in normal conditions and when i plug in the mouse it lights turn on like when i plug it in normally

#10 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

I removed the battery, ac too, drained the extra voltage out of laptop, tried connecting to another monitor via both vga and hdmi nothing still, i honestly dpubt that discharged static electricity is the problem cause it rarely happens and this is newer laptop(bought in a middle of 2014) but thanks for your time guys. Anyways it doesnt seem logical to me, i tried everything and there are no signs of progess. Any further advices?

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:18 PM

To reiterate... did you remove the battery before you pulled out the RAM?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#12 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

Yes, of course i did, and when i connect a mouse, the mouse starts to lighten and it is working as normal as everyday, power button show blue like usual, the only thing different is when i press power button it starts booting and i can hear fan working hdd preparing and then everything stops. Any further actions i can take?

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

When this happens does the computer shut down like someone pulled the power cord out?

#14 Luka011

Luka011
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

I have fortunately solved the problem, it turns put that i didnt push ram as hard as it should. That was the last thing on my mind that i could think of as a problem. Disappointed in myself on some kind of way. And i want to say one big thank you, especially to you sir who wanted to go deeper into a problem but everything turns out to be good. Thanks again

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2017 - 01:36 PM.
Typo - Hamluis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users