Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon Paper Feed Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EncoMan

EncoMan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:18 AM

Pixma MP450

This Canon AIO may be chronologically old, but it's a very clean machine.  About twice each month
it prints, copies, or scans a few sheets, so it looks like a new printer.

Several weeks ago the paper feed went crazy.  The rollers pulled the sheet in with a sudden jerk.
After printing the rollers fail to completely eject the sheet to the output tray.  This always causes
a "jammed paper" message to appear.  After pulling the jammed paper out, the printer may (not always)
smoothly roll a blank sheet to the output tray.

The procedure I performed to fix all these problems may not be logical, but it worked for awhile.
I reset the printer, which is normally done when the ink wastepad is full.

1.Turn off the printer.
2. Press and hold the Stop/Reset button - Then press Power button.
3. Release the Stop/Reset button - Do not release the Power button.
4. Press Stop/Reset 2 times and then release all the buttons.
5. When the Power button flashes green, press and release Stop/Reset 4 times.
6. Turn off the printer.

I don't know why, but this procedure fixed all the problems for several weeks!  A few hours ago the
paper feed problems returned.  I tried the reset procedure again, but it didn't help this time.

I'm reluctant to junk this printer, because the reset procedure cured the paper feed problem for a
few weeks.  Is there anything else I can try, before purchasing a replacement?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users