Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Update-Loss of NAS Mapped Drives

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cranbone

Cranbone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:52 PM

Hello everyone.

I'm a newb to Bleeping Computer, so bare with me.

Windows updates (sigh).  My machine seems to work fine post update except that my Seagate BlackArmor 440 NAS can't be reached to view the mapped drives through file explorer.  I get the standard "an error occured..." network error message after clicking on the existing mapped drive. 

The strange thing is that I can access the NAS device page by inputting the IP in a browser, so Windows see it.  I'm able to get in there and change settings, etc.  It just isn't allowing access to the contents of the mapped drives.  The server can be seen in the Network page in file explorer as well.

BlackArmor comes with "BlackArmor Discovery" software that will start the process of setting up server folders.  However, even though it sees the server, clicking on the server IP address, then clicking the "view drive details" button creates an error message: "The Network Path Was Not Found".

I've had to roll back previous updates just so I can access my NAS.  I don't want to keep doing this.  I know there's always the option to get a NAS that's more compatible.  After all, I've had this NAS since 2012.  It sure would be nice to know that there might be some setting that I'm missing though!

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Is it just that installing a Windows 10 update pushes my NAS over the compatibility line?

Thanks for reading my post and for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

What was the last update installed?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy1.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

On a side note... "bare with me" is a request to get naked with you, bear with me, have some consideration, is what I believe you had in mind.. I think? :hysterical:

Edited by dc3, 01 October 2017 - 09:45 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Cranbone

Cranbone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

Hi dc3 and thanks for your post (and thanks for that bare / bear fix...lol)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HO6teNZ4a4WhyTcmOjnHKZh

KB4403806 (Adobe Flash update) was installed on 9/30 and KB4040724 (Windows update) was installed on 9/29.  I suspect it was the latter one.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

Please post the current version of Windows 10.  Press the Windows key windows-key.png and the R key at the same time to open the Run box. Copy and paste or type in winver, then press Enter.  This will show the version of Windows 10 you have running.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Cranbone

Cranbone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Here it is, dc3;

Windows 10 Home Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.632)

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:24 PM

So it has the current update.

Are you running a RAID array?

#7 Cranbone

Cranbone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

On the NAS, yes.  The box has a 2 standalone drives.

#8 Cranbone

Cranbone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Sorry..."the box" meaning my desktop computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users