So a couple days back I was doing some work when my monitor (I use a T.V for my monitor) suddenly stopped recognizing my PC. It just said no signal etc. The next day I spent some hours trying to fix it, and eventually fixed it somehow by taking all of my PC parts out of the PC, and putting them back in place. This allowed to see my screen again of course; this resulted in a different problem: My PC randomly would just freeze and turn off. No error no nothing. It only did this 3 or 4 times and now that has entirely stopped. Now all of a sudden when I plug in anything (not just usb 2.0 cables) into my pc, it just turns off.
I guess I should add that when I went to sleep the night my t.v monitor stopped recognizing my PC I kind off could smell as though something had short-circuited so I unplugged everything in my room. But there's nothing to really support that other than the smell.
My pc specs:
GPU - AMD Radeon 380
CPU - AMD fx 8320
RAM - 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws (2 4GB)
PSU - EVGA 500W +80 Bronze
Sorry for the bad/vague description but I am completely lost on how this makes any sense. Last I had a short circuit it completely ruined the electricity throughout my whole house and it ruined the socket from where it came. I'm not too educated on any of this either so I don't know if short circuits can vary in damage and stuff.