Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

performance troubleshooter won't run...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 circe801

circe801

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

hi.

i am having freezing programs issues. 

decided to run performance troubleshooter--and received this (see attachment).

what the hey??

this is windows 10--why wont the OS inclueded troubleshooter run my win 10 laptop??

thanks in advance for any assistance offered...EaeKUS.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:55 PM

If you are running windows 10 you should use the newer version found here

"Windows performance recorder"

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/windows-performance-recorder/a1648e8c-50c7-4243-9f1d-4216385c7ff3

Edited by FreeBooter, 30 September 2017 - 06:56 PM.

Posted Image

#3 circe801

circe801
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:01 PM

thanks, freebooter.  sorry it took me so long to see your reply.  what i don't understand is when i click on "here" in your reply, it talkes me to SDK, but if i click on the URL you provided, it brings me to ADK instead.  i am confused--and also, when i find out exactly what to install, will the old version need removal or will the new installation write over the old?  in addition, where is this file?  i don't even know how to find it.  i do not find it in the 'troubleshoot' section in system settings. 

sorry i am so confused with this.  it's not the kind of thing i am used to.  i can tinker with lots of stuff, but this is my first experience with the performance troubleshooter...

and, why would windows 10 install an 'old version'?  even if it is, why would it not run?  never heard of this.

Edited by circe801, 05 October 2017 - 04:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users