Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is my PC running how it should?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket_Finn

Rocket_Finn

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:47 PM

I upgraded my PC around February. I upgraded the graphics card, power supply, and CPU. It was running alright at first, but now It just seems like it can't play anything. I get 60 FPS on fallout 4 with settings as low as they can go AND with an optimization mod. Even with the lowest settings and lower graphics mod, it can get down to 30 FPS in areas with a lot of things going on. Also in any game I play, every now and then my fps with stutter severely and go down to around 10 FPS. I really feel like my computer shouldn't be performing this badly. I've watched benchmarks on YouTube of my graphics card and my other hardware, and they run the game so much better than what mine does. I will post my specs below.

So my first question is:

1: Is my computer running how it's supposed to according to my specs?

2: Is there something I could upgrade on my PC to fix/help this problem?

Thank you for any help.

Specs: PSU is a Corsair CX500 80 Plus bronze and cooler is the stock one that came with the cpu.

4461385148.png

Also, the temps in the specs are when my computer is under no load whatsoever.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Could you please post the URL that Speccy provides, this gives the detailed information on your hardware.These  two images show how to get it -

speccy-log-image-1.jpg

speccy-log-image-2.jpg

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 30 September 2017 - 03:53 PM.

#3 Rocket_Finn

Rocket_Finn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:59 PM

Could you please post the URL that Speccy provides, this gives the detailed information on your hardware.These  two images show how to get it -

speccy-log-image-1.jpg

speccy-log-image-2.jpg

Chris Cosgrove

My bad. Here you go http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zINei5n6fDSjUk4zWfBfqNM

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

Let's get one of my 'things' out of the way first. There is absolutely no need to quote a complete replying post in your own post. With very few exceptions posts on BC stay there as long as the web-site lasts. By  all means use quotes to highlight one particular point you want to comment on or seek information on, but it is very seldom necessary to quote complete posts. Rant over !

I have had a look at your Speccy report and there are a couple of things of things that concern me :

You use Windows Defender as your A/V, fine,  but the services are not running. And the same goes for Malwarebytes, its services too are not running. There is  an entry under scheduler 'AVG_SYS_TASK_0116avz' which suggests that at some time you had AVG A/V installed, but there is no other sign of it on your system now. Further, your Windows uupdates seem to be automatically enabled, but there is no sign of any updates ever having been done on this computer. Considering  the Windows install date of either July or August 2016 there certainly should be some listed !

I am inclined to believe you are suffering from malware. I suggest you download a new version of Malwarebytes and see if you can get it to run a scan -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

If this comes up with anything it cannot fix or refuses to run I suggest you start a topic in the 'Am I infected?' section of BC. But please, if you do start a topic there put a post here to say you are doing this, then I can  close this topic. It is not agood idea to have two topics on the same problems open at the same time.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users