Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to reinstall Windows 7.. need some advice please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 icouldeatthemoon

icouldeatthemoon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

Hello!!  I am new here and I really need some advice for reinstalling Windows 7 Home Premium on my Asus laptop that originally came with it pre-installed.  

Here is the problem:  my ex was big into computers and he took my laptop and installed Windows Professional for whatever reason.  Well it has never recognized it as genuine and my ex never fixed it before we broke up and we are not on speaking terms.  I was just ignoring the notification for a while, but now it is incredibly sluggish and I just want to re-install Windows 7 Home Premium to get it back in working order, but I have long lost the recovery discs I made when I got the computer.  I try to go through Microsoft to download the ISO file, but when I enter my product key it says I need to contact the manufacturer of my machine instead.

How do I get another copy of W7 Home Premium???  Will the manufacturer really be able to get me a copy?  Please help!!  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Use this tool. You want to select Windows COEM. This will only work if you have a legible key on a COA sticker which should be on the bottom of the computer.

If you ex didn't wipe the recovery partition you could do a factory reset. Look for a partition of about 12GB in Disk Management. From what I have read tapping F9 at boot will get to the factory reset window.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users