Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mother Board Doesn't Fit The Case

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JinxedMonkey

JinxedMonkey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

I need help... lol don't we all??

Anyways heres the deal: I just bought a case, and I tried to build my new computer but I was faced with my first problem. When I tried to install my motherboard I realized that the audio ports and the usb/ethernet ports on the mother board stands side to side, but the windows in the back of the case stands top to bottom. So they will not fit through the windows... What should I do??

a little visual to help explain my situation

motherboard:

ooo
IIO

back of case"
o _
o _
o O

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

Exchange the case.... Post your mobo specs and someone will help you pick the correct one to order
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

The motherboard should have come with a I/O plate that fits it, which you install on the back of your case.

#4 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

The motherboard should have come with a I/O plate that fits it, which you install on the back of your case.

Ditto

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#5 rubiconeye

rubiconeye

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:38 AM

can u unclip the motherboard backplate from your old case, then you can use that.

sometimes in a new case you have to 'break' the default backplate off with pliers in order to change a backplate. mind be careful, remember, you wont be able to return it if you make a hash of it!

good luck

#6 Gary335

Gary335

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:06 AM

can u unclip the motherboard backplate from your old case, then you can use that.

sometimes in a new case you have to 'break' the default backplate off with pliers in order to change a backplate. mind be careful, remember, you wont be able to return it if you make a hash of it!

good luck

For the most part you shouldn't have to use anything more than your hands to get the original I/O plate off. Some are a little stubborn, but for those I've noticed that a couple of well placed blows with the handle end of a screw driver does the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users