Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think I got a virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nikiwono

Nikiwono

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:00 AM

Hi, I have downloaded something and I found this advertisement appearing at the bottom right corner of my screen awhile after booting, (this advertisement disappears awhile after showing by sliding down my screen) I then decide to uninstall that program that i believe is causing the problem but It is still there and its been around for a long time (a few months) and I ave forgotten what is the program, that I have uninstalled, that might have caused this problem. I haven't clicked on it yet because I am afraid. Can someone hep me get rid of this advertisement? 

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 30 September 2017 - 07:30 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Welcome to BC...

Could be some adware that was bundled with a downloaded free program. Use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Do you have an ad blocker installed in your browsers? If not, I suggest using Adblock Plus. After installing, click on the ABP icon and choose Filter Preferences.

Then UNcheck the box next to Allow some non-intrusive advertisements.

Adblock Plus - Chrome Web Store  Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox  Adblock Plus for IE  Adblock Plus for Edge browser

Block Third Party cookies....also known as ad and tracking cookies...from installing on your computer. Once they are blocked...run CCleaner to remove the existing ones.

How to disable third-party cookies in all major web browsers

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Malwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply

If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:

Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/198907-requested-resource-is-in-use-error-unable-to-start-malwarebytes/

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users