Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install Word 2003 in XP Pro?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Codaeus

Codaeus

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

I have been using public computers for some years, so have never done the usual stuff like download apps, install, burn DVDs, etc. I finally got a used PC recently, having XP Pro. I bought a Microsoft Office 2003 install-CD, and need to know exactly how to install Word 2003...not interested in the other components. Need a link to a tutorial or clear step-by-step instructions. Can anyone help?

Edited by hamluis, 28 September 2017 - 04:00 PM.
Moved from XP to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Put the cd in the drive and the installation will start. It will be self explanatory

#3 Codaeus

Codaeus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

Put the cd in the drive and the installation will start. It will be self explanatory

So you are saying the install process from the CD will give me the option to only install the Word 2003 component? Also, do I need to be online to install it? I am seeing on the disc some sort of activation code, which if similar to XP Pro, suggests it must be authenticated either online or by phone.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

Yes and yes. You will be given the option during the installation to select which components to install. And yes, you will have to enter the product code during the installation and you must be online for it to be authenticated.

Edited by Allan, 30 September 2017 - 04:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users