Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RegSvr32 Error

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sharke

Sharke

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

Each time my computer boots up, I get an RegSvr32 error. I have tried everything (system scan/malware scan/virus scan) but to no avail. Can anyone help me fix this? I am attaching a screen shot of the problem.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:19 AM

In most cases like this that I have seen, this is a remnant of an incomplete virus removal.

I'll give suggestions on how to stop it - but I'd strongly suggest that you post over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

To stop it, the first place to check is the Startups tab in Task Manager

To open Task Manager, just right click on an empty spot in your Task Bar.

Then, if the tabs aren't visible when you first open Task Manager, click on the "More details" link in the lower left of the Task Manager window.

Check to see if there's any entries that relate to this.

If that doesn't work, then you can download this free program:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Once it's opened, use the filter to search for the lmdqavmx.dll file - then disable (DO NOT DELETE) that entry.

Then reboot and see if that fixes things.  If it does, then you can go back in and DELETE the entry.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Next run....

MiniToolBox
  • Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP conf[iguration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
SXvL3ZF.pngTDSSKiller
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
And finally I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan:
  • It is recommended to turn off your antivirus program. Click on the E5rfZI9.png button to see which antivirus is currently enabled:
c4VVzVO.png
  • Turn off your antivirus program. See here how to do this.
  • Check the option beside: Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and make sure that the option Clean threats automatically is NOT checked, and select the following:
Enable detection of potentially unsafe applications
Enable detection of suspicious applications
Scan archives
Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Click on the Change button and select only Operating memory, Autostart locations and drive C:\ to be scanned.
yKulboi.jpg
  • Push the dtoGjAL.png button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
8L8IBHJ.png
  • When the scan completes a list of found threats will open automatically (if any malicious files are found).
imxEgHt.png
  • Push thecRhRYZ8.png button and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.txt. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the 9IjfdXq.png button.
  • Check the box beside RHzfZB1.png to uninstall the application when closed.
  • Push Vc3btaC.png and the close the application clicking the X in upper right corner.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Sharke

Sharke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Hey Good morning and thank you for all the info above. I went through each process step by step, and did manage to copy most info to text, however, I lost control of my mouse and had difficulty saving the last text file (the ESETS). I did end up with three trojan viruses, but had no way of saving this info. The computer rebooted, however I am still stuck with this regsvr32 error. Not sure if you want the texts I did manage to save. I will probably have to rescan using ESETS, but without seeing my mouse, its hard to maneuver through the options.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

The ESET Online Scanner saves a log file after running, which can be examined or sent in to ESET for further analysis. To view the log file, Show hidden files and folders must be enabled. New logs are appended to the existing log files when multiple scans are run. 

The path to the log file is the following: C:\users\%userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\log.txt

>>>>>>

It's not uncommon to find remnants of startup and scheduled task registry keys when booting into Windows after uninstalling programs or using anti-virus/security scanning tools to remove adware and malware. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was most likely removed. However, an associated orphaned registry entry still exists and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry or scheduled task entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

This error usually can be fixed with Autoruns as follows...
  • After downloading and extracting, open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
  • When finished scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom and list all entries under the Everything tab.
  • In the top menu, click File > Find... and type the file name related to the .dll error message (yours is lmdqvamx.dll), then click Find Next.
  • Alternatively, you can scroll through the list and look for any entry related to the file in the error message.
  • If found, right-click on the entry and choose delete.
  • Exit Autoruns and reboot your computer when done.
If a startup is related to a Scheduled Task, you can also use that tab in Autoruns or open Windows Task Scheduler and remove it from there.

-- Note: AutoRuns is a tool for advanced users since it does not have the ability to recognize unsafe or dangerous items...it only displays what it finds. Do not uncheck or delete anything else.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Sharke

Sharke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:39 PM

I ran autoruns and checked under "everything". This damn dll error was not found. I really appreciate everyone's help at this forum. It is frustrating to say the least.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Was that dll there,not necessarily the error? if so remove it.

#8 Sharke

Sharke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

No, the dll was not found. I did a search as was told. It could not locate the dll anywhere.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Ok I have to ask for some assistance .

After a reboot do you still get the error?

Edited by boopme, 03 October 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#10 Sharke

Sharke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yes I rebooted, the exact same error came up. Thanks for all your help 

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hi, I moved this to Malware Removal.. Some one there will get it out.

I need you to reply to the topic with an FRST log. See step 6..

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

#12 HelpBot

HelpBot

Bleepin' Binary Bot

• Bots
  • 12,731 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer!

I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:

step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.

CLICK THIS LINK >>> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/658753 <<< CLICK THIS LINK

If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.

step2.gifIf you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:

• If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
  • A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
    • Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.
    • If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.
    • If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
    • If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.
  • Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.

Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:

• Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.

FRST Download Link

• When you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.
  • Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run.
  • Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.

As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

#13 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi, the object in the error message appears to be just a leftover, once you post the frst log, we can  locate it and remove it. 

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

#14 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:02 PM

Topic is now continued here

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/659325/regsvr32-error-malware/#entry4350494

Closing this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users