Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange entries in contacts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jarhtmd

jarhtmd

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

My Name </O=FIRST ORGANIZATION/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP(ABCDEFGHI23JKLMN)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=012345678901234X>

On my Win10 computer in Firefox when I type the 1st letter of my 1st name into the "to" address in Hotmail.com (msn.com email address), up pops the above as 1 of the possibilities to pick.  (I've changed the characters in what appears to be codes of some kind at the beginning & end of the 2nd line, because I have no idea what they may mean or reveal.)

I also have some other "strange" contacts; some completely unknown; some very similar to known contacts.  This one caught my eye because it has my name.

Where do these entries come from?  How can I keep them out?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 traxsdata

traxsdata

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Are you using some type of Hotmail Outlook connector?

The strange line looks like an exchange x500 address.

It sounds like contacts were imported from Outlook and are now in your Hotmail account.

#3 jarhtmd

jarhtmd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:00 PM

I use Outlook app on my phone.  I have all kinds of strange "happenings" on my phone.  That is probably where it came from altho' I try to stay "plain vanilla" & nothing fancy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users