Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help with Ipod 5th gen hard drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neonraver

Neonraver

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

Hello guys.

I was looking in my brothers old stuff and found his ipod 5th gen of 30 gb, the ipod was broken like opened so i opened it, the greenish board card was broken like in half, I removed it and for my surprise there wasnt a data platter disc kind of thing so i got confused, but instead there was this magnetic white tape also damaged. Does this model comes withouth a data platter?  
works with the tape? or is it damaged :(

Thank you guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Neonraver

Neonraver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Inside the hard drive.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

These devices worked on flash memory, exactly the same as a USB memory stick or a modern SSD drive, it would be an IC on that circuit board. If the circuit board is broken then you have no hope of repairing it. If you wanted to use a device of this type then the only thing to do is buy a new one.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users