Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No internet options to connect to

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Captain_Useless

Captain_Useless

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

I recently started working at a job and there have never been any issues with the laptop in the office disconnecting or having trouble being connected to the internet, however when I came in today it will not connect and does not provide a host of routers to connect to from the taskbar. A dial up connection box will constantly appear, even when you close it. When I attempt to use the dial up connection box it fails. In the "Connections Available " drop down list from the taskbar, it only says "broadband connection" and "Virtual IT vpn Win7 x64" neither of these show the usual connectivity bars next to the names of SSID's that would normally be found in the list.

When I attempt to connect to the "Broadband Connection" I am met with a pop up box with the header "Connect Broadband Connection" and an image of a computer, globe and a router and monitor. Underneath there are User name and Password text boxes to attempt to connect, but when I have tried using the admin and password on the hub in the office it has not worked, and when I have attempted to use the old admin, password it also has not worked.

Sorry I know this is probably not the clearest explanation but this has been causing me to fall way behind in work and so am a bit manic. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,442 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

what is the make and model of the laptop?

some laptop have a switch or a button that turns the wireless on or off, maybe you hit the switch or button by accident and disabled the wireless,

look around the outside of the laptop for such switch/button

Edited by mikey11, 27 September 2017 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users