Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Services in task manager showing high load even in idle

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 po6pwn

po6pwn

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:23 AM

Let me clarify, there has been a bunch for weird stuff going on with my laptop. First off all, sometimes the BIOS screen loads fully and then the screen goes black. After a few seconds the loading BIOS screen pops up again. I'm running a BIOS mod called Prema so I wasn't sure if it was a problem or this is just how it reacts.

Secondly, sometimes when i put down the screen of my laptop it doesn't go into sleep. And sometimes when it does go into sleep and I try to get it up and running, it doesn't respond. It just gives me a black screen. When this happens I end up forcing it to shut off (by holding the power button off until it gets cut off).

The most recent of the problems is that services like 'Tablet service for Professional driver' which i can end in task manager and 'Services and Controller app' which I cannot end, are showing me a high load. Considering I have a relatively fast processor (a desktop i7-6700), I'm pretty sure that if these services were working correctly, this would not be the case.

My theory is that something has infected my computer and hijacked these processes. Not sure though, I have run a few malware scanners like Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro and Adwcleaner. Nothing has shown up in these scans but I'm 90% sure that there's something unwanted on my system.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, I've always come to Bleeping Computer for my anti-malware needs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users