I have a laptop LENOVO ideapad y700, & a External Screen/Monitor which is Samsung SyncMaster P2770HD.
Link to my Laptop: LINK
Link to my Monitor/Screen: LINK
My laptop is Windows 10, I use an HDMI cable ( new/perfectly decent as i tried it on our TV and it worked just fine.)
1) Audio Switching issues ( will ask & give details below )
2) Graphics/colors/image quality issue, where my second monitor colors looks really weird/bad compared to laptop.
3) In DxDiag it's showing that my Laptop is using the Intel® HD Graphics 530, instead of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M!
4) Software Screen switching issues ( Winkey+Shift+Left(or right) )
1) Audio: How can i make it so the audio comes from whereever screen the software is running? (ex: I have the game "Dota 2" I learnt that using "Winkey + shift + left (or right) " you can switch your game to show at the left screen or right screen ), but it looks bad if the image is on the left screen, but the sound is coming from LAPTOP which is on the right :/ (Note: I learnt that i can go to "Playback Devices" and switch between Intel and Realtek to make the sound either comes from laptop or from the external monitor. But can't I make them both on, but only if there's activity on the specific screen it makes the sound from there? rather than having only 1 output location ?
Point: When i play music, browsing etc, I'd like it to run from Laptop (Audio) but whenever I run "Dota 2" I'd like it to display on second screen AND have the audio comes from second screen as well.
2) Quality: My second screen colors have been awful when i connect it to my Laptop via HDMI, my drivers are up to date (EVERYTHING on laptop completely up to date.) ; I tried editing Contrast, Sharpness, Brightness to make it a bit better, but still it's no where as good or acceptable to the eye to focus/enjoy watching on the screen without feeling that it's annoying. I edited "Name" of Input and I made sure it's using "PC" as its HDMI input, any suggestions/ideas to make it better?
Point: The quality is really terrible and no where as close to my Laptop, although i'm sure its a very decent monitor..
3)Graphics Card selection: As I mentioned above,In DxDiag it's showing that my Laptop is using the Intel® HD Graphics 530, instead of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M! is that.. normal? why isn't it using my nVIDIA one, i think it's better? is there a way to choose it myself?
Point: It's showing thati got 2 Display Adapters in Device Manager, Intel® HD Graphics 530 AND NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, however in "DxDiag" it's using my Intel and not my nVidia.
4) Having issues where if i run the game "Dota 2" and i use Winkey + shift + Left, it goes to left screen, but if i do now Winkey+shift+right it does not go back to the right screen :/ altho other windows like "Firefox" do.
Any help, ideas and suggestions is greatly appreciated <3
Thanks in advance.
Edited by xbabyx, 26 September 2017 - 09:53 PM.