Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows splash screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 catsears

catsears

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

am curious; what would cause the blue splash screen to just "sit" there when starting up computer?

someone mentioned the keyboard or mouse....huh?  when pushing on button, the blue screen with windows colors comes up but there are no icons, taskbar, nothing on the screen but the symbol.  I can right click for the drop menu, but nothing else.

what is the problem?  just got back from the shop too!!!  thanks for an answer...frustrated bigtime!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

If this did not occur before the shop trip...you need to contact the shop personnel.  Of course...it's evident that the system had some problems before you put it into the shop.  A little information on those...might be useful.

Louis

#3 catsears

catsears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

hi Louis, no it didnt have that before the shop trip.  the reason for the trip was apparently the bios was somehow "corrupted" and had a boot problem.  I had had a booting problem a couple months ago, I think I put on this forum.

anyway, I called shop, he asked me abt the mouse/keyboard (they are wired, HP came with computer), with Acer H233H monitor.  we removed the mouse/keyboard, restarted the computer and still got the same splash screen.  I reattached the mouse, right clicked and went to display.  he asked me what the resolution was, it was 1980 x 1260 or something like that, he told me to reset at 1260 x 720 or something (it was the lowest setting), anyway, it didnt change anything regarding the splash screen.

he started my computer up in the shop before I left, seemed to work fine.  wants me to bring it, the keyboard/mouse and monitor back tomorrow.  why was the monitor/mouse/keyboard working fine before cpu went to shop?  hed better fix....it cost me $200 to fix boot problem, reinstall win 7 prof, clean etc.  probably got screwed......

anyway, thanks for help, and any advice.  before I go back again.  had husbands laptop repaired too (cleaned, new HD and reinstall OS), havent tried that one yet, probably got doubly screwed.....life......

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:37 PM

Well...I believe that when a person pays for services...those services should be rendered properly.

Keep us informed, please :).

Louis

#5 catsears

catsears
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:53 PM

ok back....took back to shop...said the problem was I had connected an HDMI cable to cpu and monitor, he disconnected it, and came right on as normal.  now, WHY has it been working for at least a year and now decides not to?  when I got this cpu, HP told me to connect the dvi and hdmi cable to the monitor and cpu.  because I wasnt getting anything on the monitor then.  since then it has worked fine until yesterday, now shop tells me I dont need the hdmi connected unless using a tv for a monitor???  h well.

oh yeah, checked out the laptop this morning....seems to be working fine so far.  husband prefers windows live mail program, cant find anywhere to download to laptop.

also shop said I should definitely put malwarebytes on all my computer asap, not the freebie, but the premium!  said it was the best for virus/malware, etc.  nothing else compares and the virus programs arent that good.  what do yall recommend?  he said he could install on them for $40 each.  cant afford it, fixed income.  BUT not is worse.....

anyway,any advice is greatly appreciated; thanks so much to all!  luv you guys!  you're the BEST!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

For advice on antimalware software...I suggest visiting the BC AV/AM Forum.  Tjhe personnel there are likely to provide more useful information about that area of computing life.

Cables can go bad, like everything else.  If removing it cleared up a problem, I would be satisfied with that knowledge.

Some Facts On HDMI versus DVI.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users