Recently my computer has been starting to make random "Default Beep/Asterisk" sounds every 5-30 minutes. Only thing I could possibly find that may correlate is when I checked the event viewer there would be logs a few minutes before the actual notification sound went off.
The first one is the application logs for Security-SSP, these just keep repeating in a loop:
- The Software Protection service is starting. Parameters:caller=OfficeC2RClient.exe
- Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at xxxxxxxxx. Reason: RulesEngine.
- The Software Protection service has stopped.
- Initialization status for service objects.
- The Software Protection service has completed licensing status check.
- The Software Protection service has started.
The second one is the security logs for Microsoft Windows security auditing, these keep repeating in a loop as well:
- User Account Management: A user's local group membership was enumerated.
- Logon: An account was successfully logged on.
- Special Logon: Special privileges assigned to new logon.
Thanks in advance!
Edited by WubbaLubbaDubDub, 26 September 2017 - 03:11 PM.