Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Refurbished with Windows 10 problems Screen and mouse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe_25

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Today i receiced a refurbished Acer Veriton Desktop intel 3220 with a Dell 2009 monitor with VGA connections.
First of all the screen ,although it starts with blue Bell logo then shows all on Desktop goes off after couple of seconds .
The message a see briefly is ...1 something about anologue and shows a diagram of the AVG then screen cuts to black.
Also i tried it with an older PC which does not work either.

The company i bought it from told me to connect my old Screen and see if it works ,i did this and it worked on that sceen.
Ok the new PC works with my old screen ,but i would like to use the new screen!
Now the computer, although starts to work in windows 10 after about 1 minute the mouse freezes ! and even before that i cannot type in the search box.From here i am stuck i tried Ctrl +Alt+Del couldn't get taskmaster and even the Windows button without the mouse does not work.I now there are some much better experienced members on the forum i would like some help as after paying in the uk the equivalent of $350 i am really dissapointed.Thanks for any help .

Edited by Joe_25, 26 September 2017 - 09:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

• 13,284 posts
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

If it was me I would return the badly refurbished computer and get my money back.

The monitor is simply faulty.

Various things could cause loss of mouse and keyboard function - the last system I had in with those symptoms had bad capacitors in the PSU, and a new PSU fixed that up. That doesn't mean it's the same cause in yours, but whatever is doing it should be sorted by the seller.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Joe_25

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

Hi Platypus
thanks for your reply and advice i will return them both .I am dissapointed as i read many articles on the net
saying people worry too much about refurbished PCs that most people get a good deal for less.

But my experience now is i have a lemon and i would never consider a refurbed PC again many wasted hours trying tto
get it to work but extremely unlucky to have a PC and Monitor faulty, so to many others considering this route
DONT is my advice get new PC .
Happy computing to all the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users