Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing shortly after startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mozza7

Mozza7

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:29 AM

Hi,

This may be a hardware issue too-

So, I am making a computer that will permanently be on, just to run a few servers for games. I only want access via RDP, which is fine.

However, I have had some issues.

Firstly, when I started the PC, after around 2-3 minutes (varied at times), the computer's display turned off and I could no longer ping the PC.

I tried basic troubleshooting steps, made sure all connections were in well.

I then turned off 'Turbo mode' in my BIOS, this half fixed the issue. Now, instead the computer restarts itself. I cannot for the life of me figure out why? It restarts fairly quickly after startup, sometimes immediately.

Also, when I install my old GPU into it, the system refuses to post. (even when using the mobo display ports)

Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel i5-3570@3.4GHz

PSU: Corsair 450w (CP-9020049-UK VS series)

MB:   ASUS p8h61-m

RAM: 16GB@1666MHz / 1 stick corsair / 1 stick HyperX

HDD: 1TB Seagate

DVD Drive installed

I have tried the GPU in a far far far more powerful system, and it worked. The GPU is in the GTX series but I am not sure which one, I received it for free a while back. Now, I don't need a GPU but I thought if I could take the graphical strain away from the CPU, it may be more successful. I have an RX 480 in another machine, I'll plug that in and see if that posts when I get home.

Please note: I have searched this. been through many many threads, but often the issue is not quite the same. Which is why a new thread was started.

Edited by Mozza7, 26 September 2017 - 06:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Can you boot into Windows?

If so, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Edited by bwv848, 28 September 2017 - 06:24 PM.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Mozza7

Mozza7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Can you boot into Windows?

If so, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

Hi, booting into Windows is possible, but the computer shuts off after a random amount of time.

I have solved this issue now, (literally 5 minutes ago) and for anyone with the same problem, check the capacitors on your motherboard.

I had 1 capacitor that had bent, so I replaced it and soldered on a new one and now the system is working perfectly. I put it through a stress test on each component and it ran as well as I could expect this system to run. Thank you for your help

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

You’re welcome. Glad the issue’s resolved.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users