I just don't get it. It boots to Windows and is fine now. Watch movies, etc. Temp is good, no issues.
- It won't sit in bios for longer than a few minutes without shutting down. Doing nothing. Just sitting in BIOS.
- It won't do a Memory test from the Bios because it doesn't stay on long enough. (Almost positive it's not the ram chips themselves because I already swapped out a good stick from my personal laptop that I checked in the bios memory test before swapping to the bad laptop and it flew through it). Just gets a few minutes into testing on the bad laptop and shuts down.
- Won't do chkdsk because again, it just shuts down at about 11%
- Can't reinstall windows...again it shuts down. Most of the time won't even start to reinstall. Just get to the accept box and MAYBE the Hard Drive selection box before shutting down.
- However, even if it shuts down when sitting in BIOS, doing ram test or trying to reinstall windows. I turn it right on and let it boot to Windows all the way. No problems, laptop works perfectly fine!
It all seems to happen before Windows actually boots. Bad BIOS? What the heck could it be????
BTW, I took out the HDD and let it sit in bios...again shuts down. So I am almost positive it's nothing to do with the Ram or HDD. Also swapped the CPU itself. Still the same thing.
Again everything just happens to mess up if I don't let it boot to Windows. Once it gets there it's a perfectly fine laptop. No errors, no overheating according to HWmonitor.