Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Little Help with BSOD error. Please

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Innotime

Innotime

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

HP DV6 Laptop

So, my laptop has just been shutting down after about a minutes or so. Most of the time won't even boot up, even shuts down if I just let it sit in the BIOS.

Finally the first time I get a BSOD before it shuts down.

0xf4 a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited

I have the minidump, posted below. If you need more info from the mini just let me know. TY

https://imgur.com/a/UIGOa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Innotime

Innotime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:24 PM

I just don't get it. It boots to Windows and is fine now. Watch movies, etc. Temp is good, no issues.

However,

- It won't sit in bios for longer than a few minutes without shutting down. Doing nothing. Just sitting in BIOS.

- It won't do a Memory test from the Bios because it doesn't stay on long enough. (Almost positive it's not the ram chips themselves because I already swapped out a good stick from my personal laptop that I checked in the bios memory test before swapping to the bad laptop and it flew through it). Just gets a few minutes into testing on the bad laptop and shuts down.

- Won't do chkdsk because again, it just shuts down at about 11%

- Can't reinstall windows...again it shuts down. Most of the time won't even start to reinstall. Just get to the accept box and MAYBE the Hard Drive selection box before shutting down.

- However, even if it shuts down when sitting in BIOS, doing ram test or trying to reinstall windows. I turn it right on and let it boot to Windows all the way. No problems, laptop works perfectly fine!

It all seems to happen before Windows actually boots. Bad BIOS? What the heck could it be????

BTW, I took out the HDD and let it sit in bios...again shuts down. So I am almost positive it's nothing to do with the Ram or HDD. Also swapped the CPU itself. Still the same thing.

Again everything just happens to mess up if I don't let it boot to Windows. Once it gets there it's a perfectly fine laptop. No errors, no overheating according to HWmonitor.

#3 Innotime

Innotime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

trying to upload full dump

Attached Files

• Attached File  dmpp.zip   19.75KB   4 downloads

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

P.S. Run Seagate SeaTools for Windows while waiting for a response.Test all your drives with the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Generic tests.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Innotime

Innotime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Sorry for the wait. Here you go

Speccy

https://imgur.com/a/R4p5c

Please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink:

P.S. Run Seagate SeaTools for Windows while waiting for a response.Test all your drives with the S.M.A.R.T. and Long Generic tests.

There you go. Post above. TY

Attached Files

#6 Innotime

Innotime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

Also I figured it wasn't the HDD as it still shutdown when I was sitting in BIOS even with the HDD pulled. But I switched HDD's just to be safe with my personal drive that is good. Still the same thing. Anything before Windows loads and starts = Shutdown. Sitting on Windows or browsing etc = Fine.

#7 Innotime

Innotime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

nothing?

#8 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:45 PM

My apologies. I have been very busy as of late with personal issues, and unforunately, find myself too tired to help sometimes.

First, please backup ALL your data if possible. Random shutdowns may result in data loss.

From what I gather, your problems most likely are caused by some unknown hardware failure, i.e., it's not a Windows problem. The only concerning things I spot are a couple of Device Manager errors:

Not Available    ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&2    The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Device    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5209&SUBSYS_3590103C&REV_01\4&16436B8F&0&0030    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Ethernet Controller    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_3590103C&REV_06\4&3F78A9A&0&0020    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Network Controller    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_1629103C&REV_01\4&D237528&0&0028    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Do you know anything about them? I would encourage you to vist HP's website and update ALL your drivers for good measure. However, DO NOT update your BIOS, or you will result in a fried computer if it shuts down half-way.

Even if MemTest86 doesn't run, there's a RAM test that will for sure work in Windows (though not as reliable): http://hcidesign.com/memtest/ Run that test for several hours. Additionally, I would also recommend you running Prime95 (BLEND test), as that will stress and test your RAM and CPU: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html#prime95

That's all I can suggest for now.

Regards,
bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users