Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google - Removing the 'Come here often' Pop-up.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Saska01

Saska01

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Even though Google is already my home page,there's this continually annoying pop-up asking me to set Google as my home page, with a blue box saying ''Yes,show me''. If i right click on it & select ''Inspect Element'',when i close the ''Inspect Element'' screen,the pop-up has gone & will remain gone for the duration that Google is open - however,the next time i open my home page,it's there again.

I noticed a couple of days ago ,that about half way down the 'Inspect Element' screen, there's a line (node) named (span) Yes,show me (span). If you right click on it,there's an option to ''delete node''. What would that do ?.  Would it close the pop-up completely ?.

I've no idea of anything to do with 'script',so any advice would be gratefully received. Maybe somebody who knows what they're doing could try it ??. The last sentence rules me out.  I'd hate to completely erase Google from my PC !!,

:unsure:

Edited by hamluis, 30 September 2017 - 04:02 PM.
Moved from Programming to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users