Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Documents Library

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:24 AM

Hopefully this is the correct forum. I have 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. My question involves the screen that comes up when I go to my Documents Library. Once there, I see Name, Date Modified, Type, and Size once I manually slide the partition to the right to expose these headings. It's annoying because I consult the library often and every time I get there I have to manually slide that partition again in order to reveal the rest of the title as well as the items mentioned above. Is there a way to fix that partition such that it shows those items automatically instead of making me slide it every time?

I know it's not an earth shaking issue but it is annoying. Thanks. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

If I understand your problem correctly I couldn't reproduce it on my computer! in my case it always remember the last adjustments I did.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

Sure, if this forum accepts straightforward screenshots. I believe I was on a forum on this site and was asked for the equivalent of a screenshot, but not a screenshot, because the forum didn't accept screenshots. This person wanted me to download and learn how to use software instead of taking a simple screenshot and attaching it. Tell me if I can just take a screenshot, download it to Paint, name it, and attach it to my email and I'll send 2: 1 of that 'partition' in the default mode and 1 of where I have to manually move it in order to see all of the categories. 

I'll be waiting to hear from you and thanks for responding. 

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

Hi,

The forum accepts pictures, click on the button "More Reply Options" in the right corner of the reply box, under Attach Files click Browse and select the file in you computer then Attach This File.

Edited by SleepyDude, 25 September 2017 - 12:02 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Thanks for the response. I have attached 2 screenshots: One is what the screen looks like when I first click on the library. The other is what the screen looks like after I relocate the partition. I would like the partition to remain where I put it. Thanks.

Attached Files

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Now I see the problem is with the column separator between the preview pane.

Most likely is a Windows bug! what I notice is that you can avoid that problem if you don't maximize the Window that way it preserves the position of the separator.

Edited by SleepyDude, 25 September 2017 - 12:37 PM.

___
Rui

#7 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

I replied once to this post but I don't think it actually posted when I clicked on Post. Thanks for the response. I can leave the menu minimized. It works fine and I don't have to relocate the partition anymore. Thanks. 

#8 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

Sometimes the forum is slow to respond... It's not a solution, it's more a workaround :)

___
Rui

#9 wdrbbq

wdrbbq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

I understand but it's ok in this instance since maximizing windows upon opening has become a knee jerk reaction with me, not a necessity. There's no reason to maximize that particular window. With the partition out of the way I can see everything I need while minimized.Thanks. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users