Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

raedon graphics card never worked properly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meemoe_uk

meemoe_uk

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hi I got this PC back in 2015. Never got it to work right. From day 1 there's been something subtley wrong with the gfx card which causes it to occasionally crash or not work when some programs use gfx. Doesn't have to be high end gfx, low tech gfx can cause the crash. Most of the time the crash is recoverable, but not always in which case it goes to bsod.

People say get most up to date drivers. but any raedon installer past v15 freezes \ crashes. v15 does install, but the problem persists.

Currently uninstalled raedon drivers, rdy to start fresh

Wonder if anyone here knows how to fix it. thx

Attached Files

Edited by meemoe_uk, 25 September 2017 - 09:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

The video card is at 1°C - that's probably what causes the installer to freeze...

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 meemoe_uk

meemoe_uk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

no help... what do? is it a lottery here if u get help or not? do i just bump to reroll? or are we finished here? plz mark this thread as finished if no help

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

From day 1 there's been something subtley wrong with the gfx card

There's some chance that the card has been faulty from new, and should have been returned for repair or replacement under warranty. It's probably unlikely that we're going to be able to happen on another cause here on the forums, but if I had the system on my test bench, my approach would be to test the card in another computer. If it still had problems, that would confirm the card itself was unhappy, and save a lot of time and effort eliminating every other possibility.

If the card works fine in a different computer, then you could say it would be worth beginning a process of elimination to work out why it has problems in the original system.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users